Dentist in Chesapeake
Has fear kept you from taking care of your dental needs? Your oral health could be at risk because of anxiety. Sedation dentistry can help ease your worries and get you back to good dental health. Dr. Brown in Chesapeake offers you several options to make your dental care comfortable and stress-free.
Sedation dentistry, also known as “sleep dentistry,” can help you sleep through your appointment.
This treatment option is ideal for those who:
- Suffer from dental anxiety
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Hate needles and shots
- Dislike the sounds and smells of the dental office
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have very sensitive teeth
- Need complex dental treatment that could take several visits to complete
- Get uncomfortable keeping their jaw open for long periods of time
Sedation Dentistry is simple and safe. While at the office here in Chesapeake, Dr. Brown’s team will constantly monitor you and you will never be left alone. You will be awake enough to respond to Dr. Brown during treatment, but will essentially sleep through the entire appointment!
Sedation dentistry dramatically reduces the body’s natural tendency to tense muscles while stressed, helping you to feel relaxed and at ease. Dental anesthetics are more effective while the body is relaxed, eliminating any concerns about discomfort during treatment.