Dentist in Chesapeake, VA
Are you avoiding dental treatments due to anxiety? Do you get stressed out just by the thought of stepping in a dental office? Have you had bad experiences with previous dental visits? Do you have very sensitive teeth or a strong gag reflex? Sedation dentistry might be just what you need.
We have many patients that have told us they experienced the same feelings and have come to actually enjoy their dental care in our office!
Dr. Tanya Brown & the entire team at The Center for Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry believe that helping you be relaxed and comfortable is the key to achieving your oral health goals. Sedation dentistry provides a safe and simple way to overcome anxiety and tension, allowing you to relax.
Dr. Brown uses Nitrous Oxide and/or an anti-anxiety medication as an effective method of treatment to provide a comfortable level of conscious sedation. This safe method will allow you to remain awake and able to respond until your dental care has been completed.
Sedation dentistry may be right for you if any of the following describe you:
- You suffer from dental anxiety
- You have had difficulty getting or staying numb
- You fear needles or injections
- You have a strong gag reflex
- You have very sensitive teeth
- You dislike the smells and sounds of dental treatment
- You suffer discomfort when keeping your jaw open for extended periods of time
- You need complex dental treatment that will take several visits to complete
- You need multiple treatments done in a single visit to fit your busy schedule
If you would like more information on sedation dentistry or to schedule an appointment to use sedation dentistry for a treatment you’ve been avoiding, give us a call today at 757-546-5262. We would be happy to help you be more comfortable and relaxed!