Even losing one tooth can be devastating, especially if it’s visible to other people. Age, accidents, and gum disease can all contribute to losing teeth. In fact, nearly 30% of adults have lost all or at least one quarter of their teeth, requiring significant restoration, such as dentures, bridges, or dental implants.
Dental implants are crowns that are fixed to titanium supports that replace the root of the tooth. They’re a superior choice for tooth replacement for several reasons:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Easier eating. Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Durability. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Dr. Tanya Brown recommends dental implants in Chesapeake whenever possible for tooth replacement. Implants can help prevent the bone deterioration that results from the removal of the tooth’s root and are superior to dentures for your overall dental health.
Do you need tooth replacement or are you dissatisfied wearing dentures? Call us at the Center for Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry in Chesapeake, VA at 757.546.5262 to discuss if dental implants are an option for you.